Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

I'm still not over his death to be honest.
he was truly amazing.
since EVH died last week, i’ve been digging up some classic guitar heros and RR was and is gold
R-446039-1193154158.jpeg.jpg

Ozzy aint over it either
He did an ama on reddit not long ago and you can tell it still tears him up

You guys have probably already seen this but I always loved this clip. Not only do you get to hear the raw unmixed version of Crazy Train but you can see how emotional Ozzy still gets over Randy's death.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
You guys have probably already seen this but I always loved this clip. Not only do you get to hear the raw unmixed version of Crazy Train but you can see how emotional Ozzy still gets over Randy's death.

* Just watched CT live, was touched . . .
Ozzy's always been really great at making his bandmates a big part of his joy when they are rocking down. A lot of singers rock "to the audience" during a solo or heavy section. Ozzy looks at his bandmates during those times and Randy was obviously a bandmate of great joy to the Oz.

I was 14 when he died. I was pretty sure life was unfair / indifferent by then but his death confirmed it without question.

I was 10. Ozzy, Van Halen, Zeppelin, Sabbath, etc. was stuff us kids passed around our parents didn't listen to. A lot of it on blank tapes made from various older siblings records. Often by just setting a boombox in front of the speakers, lol. Then into the walkman, which was an amazing new device at the time.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Found a whole box of tapes.
Might post one here and there.
Probably be stuff like Cinderella or Huey Lewis.

Yes, @Immigrant , Huey f'n Lewis. It's fun. Let loose once in a while.
Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
I remember Elvis Costello being interviewed on I think David Letterman back then.
Was talking about all the songs he's written and asked what he does with them all.
Elvis says, "well the very best ones I keep for myself, the good ones I sell to other artists, and the rest I give to Phil Collins".

Dude is funny.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie