Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

Two questions for you guys:

1) There used to be a myth concerning vinyl; the longer the LP, the thinner and quieter the sound may be. Roomie bought a pressing from 1985 (he also has the same album pressed in ‘75) and one side is 37 minutes long. He said it’s a LOT lower volume than his other records. What say you? and

2) Does anyone here but me really dig Rival Sons? Their music is timeless IMO and the one album I have (Great Western Valkyrie) is frickin amazing.

1) There used to be a myth concerning vinyl; the longer the LP, the thinner and quieter the sound may be. Roomie bought a pressing from 1985 (he also has the same album pressed in ‘75) and one side is 37 minutes long. He said it’s a LOT lower volume than his other records. What say you? and

2) Does anyone here but me really dig Rival Sons? Their music is timeless IMO and the one album I have (Great Western Valkyrie) is frickin amazing.

I know I like this.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi

Yes because the more bass frequencies and the louder the music is, the wider the groove needs to be. So the wider the groove is the less music you can fit on the side, therefore if you have to fit more music on one side the grooves have to be narrower which means you lose bass and you lose volume.

Yes because the more bass frequencies and the louder the music is, the wider the groove needs to be. So the wider the groove is the less music you can fit on the side, therefore if you have to fit more music on one side the grooves have to be narrower which means you lose bass and you lose volume.

Thats exactly what I told the roomie the other day! It makes total sense but I don’t have much faith in my memory or memory.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer