Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

I've seen Tool live like 6 or 7 times. Last two times were *AWFUL*. Sound was way off. Literally couldn't tell half of the songs; just blended into each one. Maynard with his "I'm hidden on stage" bullshit. Visuals (large LED displays) were adequate. Best performance that I've ever seen them do was at the Cumberland County Civic Center in mid 2000s or so. Went with 5 friends. The stage and much of the arena was filled with smoke. They had really strong lasers putting on an awesome display in the arena. Sound was great. Songs were good. I think this was around 10,000 days album release/tour, maybe before it. Another good show was when they were on tour with Meshuggah. That was fucking awesome.

Yeah, I haven't seen Tool since 2012 (and prior 2007, 2002, and 1997).

The only thing that was irritating in 2012 was the security shining lights up at anyone using their cell phones. Sound was as good as it could be for the venue.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi
Two facts about the collective soul song "heaven let your light shine down":

- holy fuck the guitar solo is cheesy and out of place.
- the song makes me uncontrollably fart over the "yeah" in the chorus introduction, and I'm willing to bet most of the world's population has the same problem.

• Haha
Reactions: adi and Jehannum