Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

bout cried at this done live with the music vid in the back.

I read somewhere that Wilson had a concept / movie or something like that for Deadwing. He was going to do something with it at some point after its release.
Did he ever or am I nuts and remembering nonsense?

• Gravy
Reactions: definitely
I read somewhere that Wilson had a concept / movie or something like that for Deadwing. He was going to do something with it at some point after its release.
Did he ever or am I nuts and remembering nonsense?

deadwing was actually a screenplay in its first incarnation. the album had some songs that were meant to be part of the soundtrack (lazarus) but the screenplay never ended up going anywhere and they finished and released the album instead.

I had heard mumbles a few years ago of him bringing the screenplay back but I doubt anything concrete will come of it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
deadwing was actually a screenplay in its first incarnation. the album had some songs that were meant to be part of the soundtrack (lazarus) but the screenplay never ended up going anywhere and they finished and released the album instead.

I had heard mumbles a few years ago of him bringing the screenplay back but I doubt anything concrete will come of it.

Thanks, Def. I knew you'd know. Ya know?

• Gravy
Reactions: definitely
I was chatting with a girl about zeppelin a couple weeks ago and she was getting the order of the albums wrong so I hopped in with "no no presence was 76, ITTOD was late 79" and she had no idea why I remembered that

frankly, neither do I.

I was chatting with a girl about zeppelin a couple weeks ago and she was getting the order of the albums wrong so I hopped in with "no no presence was 76, ITTOD was late 79" and she had no idea why I remembered that

frankly, neither do I.
It's because the rest of the band was so blown out on heroin and alcohol, John Paul Jones basically wrote arranged and produce the album.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
And in good music news, local musician Matt Mays played Massey Hall last year and the venue poked it up on their youtube channel finally. Great show.

Dude playing the left handed guitar owns the clone of @Jehannum's dog that I'm always posting pictures of. He pulls out a kickass solo around 2:50.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
This arsehole:

180504268IMG201805041853261.jpg

I like Tool but the last time I saw them in concert they were garbage. Maynard's whole persona of hiding behind stage or props for the entire set is fucking stupid. I'm not hopeful their next album whenever the fuck it comes out will be any good. And A Perfect Circle live last time I saw them was garbage too. I didn't know anything they were playing.