Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

the up to here through fully completely stretch had every single i grew up hearing on the radio. i remember finally sitting down with the albums for the first time and it was just hit after hit.
Even the self titled album, before Up to Here, is good.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Me likey.
Thanks bro - I liked that dudes pipes. But you know singers and their egos . . . .
I'm the one you can hear a little on chorus's giving him some "chorus".
Basement recording on my Allen & Heath board -> ProTools.
I'm itching - missus says wait until the taxes are done to get involved in that again . {whistling impatiently} whenever her fucking W-2s get here . .
*Positive message rap & rock group. Code for Xtians.;)

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
Thanks bro - I liked that dudes pipes. But you know singers and their egos . . . .
I'm the one you can hear a little on chorus's giving him some "chorus".
Basement recording on my Allen & Heath board -> ProTools.
I'm itching - missus says wait until the taxes are done to get involved in that again . {whistling impatiently} whenever her fucking W-2s get here . .
*Positive message rap & rock group. Code for Xtians.;)

Got a good thing going.
Just get it out in front of people and don't become one of those great bands that can't get out of the woodshed (been in too many of those. Bands full of wizards nobody ever heard).

Last band doing originals was like that. Great promising talent. Albums worth of songs about 85% done. Then bunch of home studio nerds who couldn't hear what was good and what wasn't as far as appealing to masses and doing it.
Too happy nerding it with this effect and that new plug-in and guarantee you I could go there now and I'd find some incredibly talented musicians still worrying about this sound and that effect and this and that going nowhere 3 years later .

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
Last band doing originals was like that. Great promising talent. Albums worth of songs about 85% done. Then bunch of home studio nerds who couldn't hear what was good and what wasn't as far as appealing to masses and doing it.
Too happy nerding it with this effect and that new plug-in and guarantee you I could go there now and I'd find some incredibly talented musicians still worrying about this sound and that effect and this and that going nowhere 3 years later .
I was lucky - none of them knew much more than how to send an email. My gear. My board, my pc,mics and space. Got a nice pa to play out, not that it would be needed for anything other than say a party.

Always the same problem - getting 3-5 cats in the same bag at the same time.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer