Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

led zeppelin cover band without the covers
I'm from Michigan as they are (about 35 miles away). They do nothing for my Michigan pride. I think they are talented but their blatant poaching on the LEd Zep sound is infinitely worse imo than Robin Thicke using the same rhythm instruments that were used in Marvin Gaye's Give It Up. BTW: I think that was a blatant fucking of Pharrell and RT. Those two songs had no hooks or melody sections in common.
*Blatant is my word of the day.
** I think GVF basically sucks. Here's to hoping all their songs get logged in databases under Artist: Led Zeppelin. :fly:

I'm almost certain this is the band the wife and I both made mental notes to try to remember independently from each other. I have a note in my phone that says "something van Fleetwood??? Sounds like Zeppelin". They were like #10 or something on some radio show about the best 30 rock songs of 2018 that was background while we were busy working on some shit.

Yup, so obvious Zeppelin ripoff. I go back and forth about thinking it's cool or thinking fuck that, they're just obviously rehashing the formula of the gods.

Still haven't looked it up and listened to anything beyond that one background song that perked my ears up.

Thanks for pissing in the pool, Eddie. :)

Did this guy catch a load of shit for sounding like Zep? The song writing is right in there and the drum sound is indistinguishable.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
I'm almost certain this is the band the wife and I both made mental notes to try to remember independently from each other. I have a note in my phone that says "something van Fleetwood??? Sounds like Zeppelin". They were like #10 or something on some radio show about the best 30 rock songs of 2018 that was background while we were busy working on some shit.

Yup, so obvious Zeppelin ripoff. I go back and forth about thinking it's cool or thinking fuck that, they're just obviously rehashing the formula of the gods.

Still haven't looked it up and listened to anything beyond that one background song that perked my ears up.

Did this guy catch a load of shit for sounding like Zep? The song writing is right in there and the drum sound is indistinguishable.

that billy squier track, as with everything by gvf, in the words of (i hate doing this, but) anthony fantano "doesn't make me want to go listen to another record by these guys or keep playing this, it just feels like i'm pre-gaming to listen to real zeppelin"

i just have no personal desire to listen to what could essentially be chalked up to a zeppelin unreleased b-side record. they have enough truly great records to choose from already.

that billy squier track, as with everything by gvf, in the words of (i hate doing this, but) anthony fantano "doesn't make me want to go listen to another record by these guys or keep playing this, it just feels like i'm pre-gaming to listen to real zeppelin"

i just have no personal desire to listen to what could essentially be chalked up to a zeppelin unreleased b-side record. they have enough truly great records to choose from already.

It's all good, def. Some people gonna like it because it reminds them of something else they like.

I don't know anything else about that band. If they made a song that sounds like that, cool. Hell, if they made a whole EP that sounds like that as a sort of "paying tribute to" it could still be cool. If all their shit sounds like that and they claim it as all their own shit then your earlier description of "zep cover band without the covers" couldn't be more spot on.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi

I'd find them easier to like if,like Billy squire, they only had one song that sounded a bit like zep.
I would respect them more if they were aclone band that wrote some more music. Kinda like Sublime

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi

That drummer (and others including the original Heart drummer) were students of the Bonham style. Check out YouTube user GroovinDrumming (?) for a real enthusiast.

Greta Van Fleet. I had a hard on for them for a couple of weeks and posted a handful of videos here. Now I think the singer tries a little too damn hard to sound like the whiny, screechy Plant, the one I never could fully get behind.

The real LZ ripoffs were Kingdom Come.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi
drogas wave 3LP came in today. have to make a tribute post to the beauty of WAV Files.

song fits into the overall album concept as the story of slaves who were thrown overboard on the way to america (as was common during storms for the insurance claims) and became immortal spirits under the sea, overthrowing slave ships while trying to return to africa. "those who did not become slaves, became waves."

...my bones is why the beach is white
why the beach is white, cause they bleached us light
so I'm going back home, I took a leap last night
so I'm walkin on water til my feet just like jesus christ.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi