Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

Some folks say you ain't from Texas if you don't know this song. Spoiler - it be rap. Houston style :cool:

ZZ Top met some of the guys who worked on that song in the studio. Then they did it some justice(imo). And DUsty Hill shows some funky playing at times, even sings a little. Glad for that. rip, DUst.

Oh, "lighters" is a reference to how crack and coke are often moved inside cleaned out Bic lighters.

• Love
Reactions: adi
Enh, bands are allowed to have one lighter song. Pays the bills and allows them to record the good shit.

That stupid band Warrant. I saw an interview with the late lead singer and he said they were done with the album but the label needed a single, and there wasn’t a “single” on the album, so he “whipped out a napkin and wrote Cherry Pie. Now I’m the frickin’ cherry pie guy” he said. and the look on his face said it all. He probably was saying that as he stuck the barrel of the gun in his mouth.

That stupid band Warrant. I saw an interview with the late lead singer and he said they were done with the album but the label needed a single, and there wasn’t a “single” on the album, so he “whipped out a napkin and wrote Cherry Pie. Now I’m the frickin’ cherry pie guy” he said. and the look on his face said it all. He probably was saying that as he stuck the barrel of the gun in his mouth.
That is some strange shit to be upset about. I mean, it aint Shakespeare but they had 10 million in sales. Lot of musicians would suck both Ben Johnson and the Devil at the crossroads for a piece of that action just once. smh

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Immigrant
One of the bands my son was in would do some covers that they liked playing but weren’t really the type of covers you’d hear at a bar. One was Have A Cigar. Man, they tore that song up. It was great when they’d play it.

They’d do that Spacehog song every now and then and they all hated it, but one of the club owners always insisted they played it, so they w would. It was funny because the singer would imitate the vocal stylings of the original but overdo the mimicking a little too much and it became a parody. LOL

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
That is some strange shit to be upset about. I mean, it aint Shakespeare but they had 10 million in sales. Lot of musicians would suck both Ben Johnson and the Devil at the crossroads for a piece of that action just once. smh

I think you might mean Robert Johnson, the guitarist, not Ben Johnson, the gold medalist from track and field hehe.

Nothing against runners though.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
I’ve posted this video here before and I am again, but I don’t care. It’s been stuck in my head all (this version) and I feel like reposting it so I am.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi