Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

Jeez. Junior Kimbrough, just like Burnside, is one of the unrecognised kings of Blues. It's tragic that they lived and died in relative poverty while Clapton, Page et al made their fortunes on the back of such giants. I'll say goodnight for now, but if those who don't recognise the artists we've posted give them a listen, they'll learn where all the best music came from.

Last edited:
Jeez. Junior Kimbrough, just like Burnside, is one of the unrecognised kings of Blues. It's tragic that they lived and died in relative poverty while Clapton, Page et al made their fortunes on the back of such giants. I'll say goodnight for now, but if those who don't recognise the artists we've posted give them a listen, they'll learn where all the best music came from.

This shit right here.

Anime - I can't believe you know Maybeshewill. I first met them a few years ago as they're signed to a local label. Their latest album ( the one you've got) is amazing although you need Not For Want Of Trying if you haven't got it.

yeah 'not for want' is one of the main things that dragged me into post-rock. it's in my top 5 albums of all time. i've been wishing for over 2 years that they'd put it out on vinyl :( now that they've finally put out an lp maybe they'll release it.
i'd love to see them but i doubt they'd ever come to america

On the topic of country the best out there right now is Jamey Johnson. Even though he looks like Rob Zombie his stuff is pretty dark and badass.