Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

"you don't gotta trim your bush, you don't gotta edward scissorhands"
"i'm tryna eat your pussy after i take you out like franz ferdinand"

god i love joseph chilliams. has to be the funniest rapper out.

Urban legend is he stole Baker Street. Doesn't bother me, Baker Street is such a great song and production I forgive him.
I heard the original, no one ever would have heard it.
Ravenscroft said it was an "old blues riff" and made no claims he wrote it himself. And there's certainly plenty of prior art on the same/similar riff:

In any case, Baker Street is a masterpiece, especially the interplay between between the guitar solo and the sax.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I'll put on a song, leave youtube autoplay going and just let it run into different songs. If something comes on I don't like, I'll alt-tab over to youtube and skip the song or pick a different one from what's on the screen.

Listened to the story of how this story was recorded, which was pretty cool:

Four of 'em sat around a microphone and recorded themselves singing C in unison for as long as they could, then went to C#, then D, etc... They looped each note onto a long loop of tape, had 12 tape players going with 12 tapes stretched across the room, feeding into 12 channels on the console. Then by sliding different channels up/down on the mixing board, they made themselves an infinitely sustaining Mellotron of sorts.

The ethereal sound comes from having all notes playing at a low level and providing an airy/dissonant sound in the background, but then pushing up the sliders to make different chords out of it.