Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

Some of these people at work keep playing stuff on their phones that's like orchestral symphony instrumental covers of popular songs. Anything from Zeppelin to The Cranberries to who knows what. Some of it's kinda neat. Some not so much. I might ask them about it. Or not.

I can tell you this.....without vocals and metal guitars, anything by Metallica sucks really bad. Not a melody to be found anywhere.
Set your ringtone to something from Cannibal Corpse and fight back.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
I went to a concert last night to see Astronoid, TesseracT, and Between the Buried and Me. TesseracT was second on stage. They started playing their opening song, got may be like 20 seconds in and dead stopped. Dan stormed off stage. Came back a minute or two later, tried it again, and dead stopped again. Then announced technical difficulties and entire band left stage. They posted a FB message hours later saying stage box failed. So I don't know much about that. But everything seemed fine, except Dan was having hard time finding key, so I was thinking his backing track or vocals in his IFBs were fucked.

Anyway I'm a sad panda. Really wanted to see TesseracT play as I haven't seen them live before. I did get to see BTBAM for like the 6th or 7th time. They only played an hour long set, and concert was over by 10:30pm.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: august and adi
I went to a concert last night to see Astronoid, TesseracT, and Between the Buried and Me. TesseracT was second on stage. They started playing their opening song, got may be like 20 seconds in and dead stopped. Dan stormed off stage. Came back a minute or two later, tried it again, and dead stopped again. Then announced technical difficulties and entire band left stage. They posted a FB message hours later saying stage box failed. So I don't know much about that. But everything seemed fine, except Dan was having hard time finding key, so I was thinking his backing track or vocals in his IFBs were fucked.

Anyway I'm a sad panda. Really wanted to see TesseracT play as I haven't seen them live before. I did get to see BTBAM for like the 6th or 7th time. They only played an hour long set, and concert was over by 10:30pm.

did you enjoy the new tesseract record? i liked polaris a bit but their first two just seemed to exhaust their creativity to me.

never seen btbam, that's a great lineup though. shame it didn't completely work out.

I don't think it's acceptable these artists storming off stage. Do your best. Stand near someone's amp for cues. It's a dick primadonna move. Prince used to do it, also Neil Young.
It's not like they have to work an 8 hour day then do 3 hours on stage like most of the rest of us.

I don't think it's acceptable these artists storming off stage. Do your best. Stand near someone's amp for cues. It's a dick primadonna move. Prince used to do it, also Neil Young.
It's not like they have to work an 8 hour day then do 3 hours on stage like most of the rest of us.

My band played through a power outage. They said we sounded better.

I mean how hard of a life could it possibly be? You leave Memphis at 2 a.m. in a tour bus that has a bunk for you. You have people to shoot you up with tranquilizers. You have people who shoot you up with speed. You have people who show you where the stage is. How hard is that?

Only Sting and Paul get that treatment, Nukes. As far as bass players go.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
And tie your own shoes too. Strictly second class treatment. Unless you sing lead vocals on at least 4 songs from a 12 + song set list.
Well it's a step up from what I have to do now when I'm in a band. I load my own equipment in the car. I load my own equipment on stage. I help to load the PA from the band leaders car. I help to wire the PA. And then we do it all again 3 4 5 hours later in reverse.