Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

It ain't that they're bad, they just don't fit the original and make it a different band. If you never saw them with the original it ain't so bad. Got nothing to compare to.

That American idol or whatever kid with Queen or the Filipino kid with Journey got pipes. They can sing. They just ain't no Mercury or rubbernuts Perry and if you grew up with them it just don't seem right.

+1 to just calling it a new band. Maybe make a little tribute deal out of it when you do that classic huge hit everybody came to hear.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and nukes
I saw Bad Company at the Frankfurt Musikhalle in the early 90s. Was a very good show. Never got to see or hear Paul Rodgers live so I didn't have him to compare to. Between the commotion of a live show and the sometimes good sometimes not so good sound work that comes with them, not to mention the fact everybody was high as a kite, the little nuances between different singers were somewhat lost. Good mix and all around good sounding gig though.

I assume it was Brian Howe, though through a cloud of hash smoke so thick you could've just projected holograms on it I can't confirm this.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and nukes
got my 3LP hemispheres 40th anniversary package today.
the remastered disc sounds nowhere near as good as my original first US pressing, as expected, but hey. the artwork and live discs are cool.

another one in the collection that will be more for the shelf than the turntable. need to find the elusive GK master copy at some point though.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Strings
autechre decided to be complete dicks and drop a 12-disc, 8-hour album this year that would be in my top 10 of the year if I wasn't so mad that it was 8 hours long.
that said, check it out. it's not on youtube so here's a classic.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Today's KEXP discovery: Khruangbin.

I don't know what to call this. "Ambient surf" ?

shoutout to h-tine hol it dine. con todo el mundo one of the best albums of the year.

they just released a christmas record iirc. meant to check it out but haven't gotten to it.

black thought remains one of the best ever to do it. would never argue with someone who told me he was #1.
streams of thought volume 2 out now.