Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

Any band I’ve ever seen where the lead singer was the main focus and then was replaced was awful. It was like over paying to see a cover band. Unless they go on to do their own songs and basically ignore the previous stuff.

Same experience here - the only Alice In Chains songs worth seeing live anymore are the new ones, same with STP. I definitely wouldn't pay to see geezers like Queen hobble around the stage.

Same experience here - the only Alice In Chains songs worth seeing live anymore are the new ones, same with STP. I definitely wouldn't pay to see geezers like Queen hobble around the stage.
Yep same experience with AIC, STP, Sublime, and Journey (was at a festival not there to see them). Only good ones have been AC/DC and Van Halen but they do all new stuff and didn’t focus on the previous singer. The smart ones do like like a lot of punk bands do and make the band with the different singer a new name and everything. And sometimes switch back and forth over the years between singers for various reasons.

yes with jon davison was still incredible. to be fair I was mostly there to see chris and steve, but definitely did not feel like I was really missing jon anderson all that much.

((and it was in 2014....davison was doing 70s anderson better than anderson was by then))

yes with jon davison was still incredible. to be fair I was mostly there to see chris and steve, but definitely did not feel like I was really missing jon anderson all that much.

((and it was in 2014....davison was doing 70s anderson better than anderson was by then))
Anderson still has it, as opposed to most ancient rockers. They just don't run around on stage anymore.
Squier has lost his chops since death.
Come at me, bro.

Paul Rogers can still belt it out.
Still good live. I don't think he ever jumped around all that much. Not something Bad Company induces.
And if you recall, Paul Rodgers was the first replacement lead singer for Queen. I don't see that as a match at all. I like Paul Rodgers and I like Queen but that's not the right vocal range for queen.