Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

Children be like: "Kanye is a genius!"

Bull. Shit. Even the worst crack head ever in the Wu Tang Clan was better than that. Sooo much better.

i'ma let you finish but kanye west is the greatest hip hop artist ever to live and dropped 5 straight classics please put some respect on that name.

not the best rapper, but if you look at his discography, easily the greatest and most influential overall artist. the man dropped consecutive classics from 2004-2010.

we won't talk about how bad he fell off after that. trash in every way nowadays.

lupe remains the best rapper.

nobody was rapping like this in 2005 and nobody's rapping like this now.

l-u-p speaks it til it's pieces, peanut butter like
always being a quiet cat, not the meanest motherfucker type
for hundred grand plus, i'd be buffin brass knucks
best listen to ya dawgs, get son of sam'd up
ahead of my time, failed history, passed chemistry, quiet nines in quinine
my energy always be weaponry to unload
while there's people to hold up, reputations to uphold.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
if you don't think kanye's the most influential then, my guy, you either way too stuck in the 90s or you just haven't listened to enough hip hop.

his sound has been everywhere since his work on the blueprint and the college dropout. kanye was the face and fountainhead of an entire movement that carved the path for non-gangster rap to flourish in. kanye's production style on his early albums seeped its way into hip hop for all of the mid-2000s, and even his work in pop music shaped the genre years later. he brought chicago back to the forefront and the city has been a mecca for groundbreaking new artists ever since.

i get not liking him, but you can't deny what he's done.