Random Illnesses

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,864
There are things in this world that just shouldn't happen to people, but do anyways. Luckily sometimes they make you laugh enough to forget about how much it sucks.

I picked up my EpiPen tonight, after arguing with the pharmacist's bitch that it was in fact a worker's comp billing, not through my normal insurance. She's about the 1000th person who has given me the WTF look when I tell her I'm allergic to lab animals. Rats in particular. I got the EpiPen because I'm going to be subjecting myself to animals after I get my serum injections every week down here, and it might cause a massive bout of anaphlaxis :p I mean, how many people can seriously say they're allergic to their job?

Anyone else have any wierd illness/diseases?

You should probably look for a different line of work if you're allergic to lab rats. I think you could do better anyways. Like monkeys.

You should probably look for a different line of work if you're allergic to lab rats. I think you could do better anyways. Like monkeys.

dude, monkeys give you things like hepatitis B. no thanks.
one day i hope to aspire to human cell lines, but for now my murine models will do

dude, monkeys give you things like hepatitis B. no thanks.
one day i hope to aspire to human cell lines, but for now my murine models will do

and the HIV... but they're so damn cool. would be alot neater collecting spleens from monkeys than mice.

a friend of mine discovered she has multiple environmental allergies when she went to work for the municipal trash and recycling agency.

she was in an office, but the office was located at the dump. she had to quit.

a friend of mine discovered she has multiple environmental allergies when she went to work for the municipal trash and recycling agency.

she was in an office, but the office was located at the dump. she had to quit.

There are things in this world that just shouldn't happen to people, but do anyways. Luckily sometimes they make you laugh enough to forget about how much it sucks.

I picked up my EpiPen tonight, after arguing with the pharmacist's bitch that it was in fact a worker's comp billing, not through my normal insurance. She's about the 1000th person who has given me the WTF look when I tell her I'm allergic to lab animals. Rats in particular. I got the EpiPen because I'm going to be subjecting myself to animals after I get my serum injections every week down here, and it might cause a massive bout of anaphlaxis :p I mean, how many people can seriously say they're allergic to their job?

Anyone else have any wierd illness/diseases?

Time to get a different job.

i still dont know WTF i am allergic to
i have had three episodes of allergic reactions,and never know why? like i eat the same stuff everyday i really dont like eating new things that look wierd. i am not around any leaves. i just go to work sleep and take care of the kids
i broke out in ugly ass rash all over my body

when my sisters goes out in the cold she breaks out in a rash all around her neck thats crazy, we thought she just had sensitive skin and she would use lotion and stuff for sensitive skin and she still breaks out

Im allergic to orange juice, not oranges, just juice. I can eat an orange but if I drink the juice I break out >.> It's messed up.

Though I dont think many of us here are afflicted with random chronic illnesses. I mean how many are there? MS, parkinson's, leprosy, huntingtons, crohn's... Only leprosy is really a disease in the sense of something that you can catch.

edut: and well, STDs

Last edited:
I didn't used to be allergic to anything and then within the past five years I have developed allergies. I'm allergic to (that I know of): my cat, some laundry soap, some bath soap, and pollen.

I also have terrible stomach issues and it feels like my stomach is burning through myself.

Time to get a different job.

I have FAR less exposure to the critters down here than I did before.
One of the interesting things down here though, is that the health care is, um, bizarre. I mean up north I was on a regimented schedule for my shots, supervised by nurses, etc. Down here I can just "walk in" to the shot clinic whenever I feel like it (I was told "come back in about 1 or 2 weeks), but I have to carry a damn epi pen around with me after my shots (probably a malpractice issue, but still).

Oohh and I get chronic kidney stones. I have to have surgical removal about every two years. We aren't sure why I get them.

Family history? Most chronic kidney stones are a genetic predisposition due to upregulated Vitamin D receptors in the intestines and leaky distal tubules in the kidneys, causing a reservoir of Ca to build up and *pow*, crystallization. Even on a normal Ca diet (which we should be on because we're wimmenz), this can happen if you have the right genetics for it.

Though I dont think many of us here are afflicted with random chronic illnesses. I mean how many are there? MS, parkinson's, leprosy, huntingtons, crohn's... Only leprosy is really a disease in the sense of something that you can catch.

edut: and well, STDs

man i work for a cancer hospital and i see it all. its so sad

Last edited: