Thread Random Conversation Thread

Mortlach

Erect Member
Nov 8, 2012
South Jersey
Marklar
₥0
Want to talk but got nothing to say... how was everyone's holiday week? Mine kicked ass, New England with snow, sledding, ice skating, drinking... s'all good

I didn't have holidays, NHS has to keep running yo. I did have yesterday off which was relaxing but I am rapidly realising I need to spend less/no time on my laptop when I get home if I actually want my life to run smoothly. I have lots of chores to do, things to do with Kes, university work I put off, nice dinners I never make etc. that unless I stop posting on forumland in the evenings I'll never get done. :(

I have spent (unwillingly) the last few days painting rooms in the house. On the plus side, I just booked a week in Paris for the French Open Tennis qualifiers again.

I didn't have holidays, NHS has to keep running yo. I did have yesterday off which was relaxing but I am rapidly realising I need to spend less/no time on my laptop when I get home if I actually want my life to run smoothly. I have lots of chores to do, things to do with Kes, university work I put off, nice dinners I never make etc. that unless I stop posting on forumland in the evenings I'll never get done. :(

you are in school? what do you study?

I have spent (unwillingly) the last few days painting rooms in the house. On the plus side, I just booked a week in Paris for the French Open Tennis qualifiers again.

very nice...btw have an octomore 10 reserved for me for my next shipment from the UK... thanks for the heads up

I have his same problem, hence all my postings are done from my phone. :(

On the delicious meal front... I have this cookbook filled with recipes you prep ahead of time, and ones that use the leftovers for subsequent meals on the quick. There are tons of crock pot cookbooks too. There's no reason to cut your nights short. I even have a book filled with recipes that are made in a single 12" skillet in under 60 mins. There's no reason to cut your nights short.

After an xmas in Atlanta with the fam, I spent 4 days in a ridiculously awesome house in the mountains of northern GA. 2 of them laid up with an ass kicker of a flu, and some nice introspection time.

My resolution is simple. Make 2013 the opposite of 2012.

I always call them 'student recipes' as you can cook and eat using only the one pan and save washing up.
I love them actually. I have a 12" [enameled] cast iron skillet with a domed lid, I make all sorts of stuff in there. I've done pizzas, lasagna, spaghetti, countless chicken/pork/beef dishes, and even rice and some shouzou ramen.

After an xmas in Atlanta with the fam, I spent 4 days in a ridiculously awesome house in the mountains of northern GA. 2 of them laid up with an ass kicker of a flu, and some nice introspection time.

My resolution is simple. Make 2013 the opposite of 2012.

HAIR FOR EVERYONE

I have his same problem, hence all my postings are done from my phone. :(

On the delicious meal front... I have this cookbook filled with recipes you prep ahead of time, and ones that use the leftovers for subsequent meals on the quick. There are tons of crock pot cookbooks too. There's no reason to cut your nights short. I even have a book filled with recipes that are made in a single 12" skillet in under 60 mins. There's no reason to cut your nights short.

I *can* cook quite meals than take less than half an hour but in reality I prefer to shove something in the oven or skip dinner because I'm so whacked so often. :(

I feel sorry for the high schoolers

GykRRi5w-EaV7MRxQBfoeg2.gif

I love them actually. I have a 12" [enameled] cast iron skillet with a domed lid, I make all sorts of stuff in there. I've done pizzas, lasagna, spaghetti, countless chicken/pork/beef dishes, and even rice and some shouzou ramen.

When I was young, a regular 'throw together' was to cook some pasta and boil a couple of eggs in the same pan ( hygienic eh). Drain the pasta, chop the eggs, add a tin of tuna and some mayo. 10 minute dinner.