Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Ignoring dickhead here, PVC conduit would be fine Smurf tube is a little more standard because it has larger radiuses. Id pull at minimum two cat6A's, a fiber HDMI, and an active USB cable. If you're really future proofing, a second Smurf tube with a pull line in it

• Haha
Reactions: fly
Ignoring dickhead here, PVC conduit would be fine Smurf tube is a little more standard because it has larger radiuses. Id pull at minimum two cat6A's, a fiber HDMI, and an active USB cable. If you're really future proofing, a second Smurf tube with a pull line in it
You start off calling me incompetent and when I return the favor, I'm the dickhead?

Fuck right off with your shitty switches.

Says the guy that likes to overcomplicate shit. :lol:

I returned the 4070ti. It kept randomly rebooting my PC. Tried reinstalling windows and swapping in a 850w psu. Maybe I'll just wait for a 5080.

Do you even play games? I don't feel like you talk about them very often, but maybe I don't pay attention cause I'm a filthy casual.
not as much as I used to. Been playing 40k Darktide and Hell Let Loose. my 1080 could still run it but was itching to get something new so I can run everything on ultra.

and your stuff is all re-encoding cleanly? No corruption, artifacting, etc

I honestly can re-download more quickly than i re-encode if i really cared about space.

and your stuff is all re-encoding cleanly? No corruption, artifacting, etc

I honestly can re-download more quickly than i re-encode if i really cared about space.
Correct.

I suppose I could redownload as well, but Trash Guides won't help you with that as they hate non-4k h265 stuff (and I don't even have any idea how much h265 1080p stuff is even out there, and by the sounds of the Trash folks whatever is - is garbage). Also, I use enough bandwidth as it is, I really don't want to push it.

And finally, I really don't care how long it takes. It makes no difference to me. So at the end of the day, Trash helps me get high quality 1080p files which I eventually turn into h265 stuff.

yeah, id have to manually modify the guides as you're right.

Conceptually what you're doing is right up my alley, as you can precisely control the output quality (vs those released ones that.... dont)

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
yeah, id have to manually modify the guides as you're right.

Conceptually what you're doing is right up my alley, as you can precisely control the output quality (vs those released ones that.... dont)
BTW, if you wanna check out the quality, this one just completed on my server.

1678461523181.png

im curious how much this is gonna up your transcode-count. I'm pretty sure my shield can direct-play HEVC-Atmos, but im guessing a very large majority of your users cant, and transcoding HEVC is resource intensive. That said, your quicksync can handle it for sure.

im curious how much this is gonna up your transcode-count. I'm pretty sure my shield can direct-play HEVC-Atmos, but im guessing a very large majority of your users cant, and transcoding HEVC is resource intensive. That said, your quicksync can handle it for sure.
well... maybe.

until his server falls over again because of half-baked drivers.