Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Ahhh, maybe that was it. I ended up finding a setting on the AP that makes a wifi network a guest network. Turning it on prevents anything connected to it from talking to any private IP ranges.
thats the opposite of what you want isnt it? Guest networks talk to the internet, but nothing inside the network.

You want something to talk only to the internal network (or some subset of it), and NOT the internet.

Slowly getting the hang of this Mikrotik. Got a needed hairpin rule in place and got VPN setup. Obviously with the internet's help, otherwise I'd barely be able to log in. :lol:

Also, this change to 1080p for TV shows is crushing my storage. I think I had 12TB free about a month ago, today I have 4TB.

Sadly, I missed the price mistake on Amazon that had 16TB drives up for $200. Or the one a few weeks ago that had them on the WD site for like $2.

Also, this change to 1080p for TV shows is crushing my storage. I think I had 12TB free about a month ago, today I have 4TB.

Sadly, I missed the price mistake on Amazon that had 16TB drives up for $200. Or the one a few weeks ago that had them on the WD site for like $2.
How you think i fuckin' feel with high bitrate 4k

• Sad
Reactions: fly
Slowly getting the hang of this Mikrotik. Got a needed hairpin rule in place and got VPN setup. Obviously with the internet's help, otherwise I'd barely be able to log in. :lol:
you have good external plex access still? That was one thing I never fully resolved on my mikrotik (and i think it was relating to hairpin NAT)

I replaced my UniFi USG with my old Supermicro 1U Atom server running pfSense 2.6.0. I got a used 2 port Intel gigabit pci-express nic, for a total of 4 gigabit ports. WAN1 is Starlink and WAN2 is my backup DSL connection. I cannot figure out how to get failover and failback to work properly in pfSense. pfSense keeps defaulting to the slow ass DSL connection all of the time, despite me setting Starlink as default gateway, prioritizing Starlink higher than the DSL connection, setting it to "member down" instead of high latency or packet loss. I see a lot of posts online that says failover and/or failback might not be working correctly in pfSense. Only thing that I have not tried is rebooting the whole server. Maybe I should try that.

i had a lot of fights with stuff that didnt make sense with pfsense that all just went away when i switched over to opnsense.

@Domon thank you for the recommendation. I wiped and installed OPNsense on my 1u box and it appears to be handling default gateways much better than pfSense ever did. Layout of OPNsense is a bit different, clean but not as user friendly as pfSense was. Now I'm trying to see if Starlink and my backup DSL internet provider supports IPv6 as DHCPv6 doesn't get an address.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
And I have been educated.... All this time I had in my head that lipo was lithium polymer.

Why would they not call it lipho

• Gravy
Reactions: fly