Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Well, when I attempt to hardware transcode, I am. But that's what makes things crashy.

That may be the root cause.
Wait a minute, you mean to tell me that there are computer geek types that actually throw stuff away when it's no longer useful? Can someone please tell my husband?
uhh, after they sat in the attic for at least a decade.

I found some really nice IDE cables i custom sleeved in a box. Can safely say I dont need those anymore.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Um does anyone want to donate me something more recent than 2010? Quad core Phenom was my last build with a 790FX chipset. Ex stole it.

shit man, i just cleared out a bunch of stuff. Sorry, woulda gladly dropped it to ya

Although i just looked and the "best" thing i tossed was actually from 2011. an i5-2500k. So not that much newer really.

Um does anyone want to donate me something more recent than 2010? Quad core Phenom was my last build with a 790FX chipset. Ex stole it.
I got a whole-ass Intel e8500 with a GeForce 7200GS in it.

It's from '08, but if you got a need, I don't have a spot for it, I was just going to dick around.

I got a whole-ass Intel e8500 with a GeForce 7200GS in it.

It's from '08, but if you got a need, I don't have a spot for it, I was just going to dick around.
Mmmm you can fuck around with it. I'd never get windows 11 to run on it. Maybe unbuntu but I need autocad and I have a notebook that is more powerful.

No offense, if you want to build a router or something I wouldnt deprive you for something I'd barely use.

I appreciate the thought though.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum