Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

ZFS manages its own mount and unmount events, so you set it up using the zfs commands (even though regular old 'mount' tracks them when you call it).

It's been a minute since I did it, but I think it is:
Code:
zfs set mountpoint=mnt/z nvme

Then it'll come up and go down when you boot/down the system.
got this working. For some reason my zpool wasnt showing up in /mnt and in ignorance i thought zfs was more different than it is and that it didnt use a regular directory structure. Rebuilt my datasets, and now it all shows up nice in /mnt/nvme/datasets and I can do mount points just fine

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
So I've got about half a dozen micro SD cards that I am keeping for spares for my camera.
I was going to swap my 3D printer's one out for one of these. None of the spares will connect to the computer. Using the same SD adapter as well as different SD adapters the old one and other used ones will. None of these will.

Anyone have any ideas what might be the cause?

1) haven't even used them, I pulled them out of the package and put them in a card holder. All are quality brands, most SanDisk
2) some of the old ones I used were from the same camera, some were from my phone, etc.

Email from Xfinity​

Great news!​

We've increased your Internet download speeds​

We're excited to share that we're increasing your download speeds from 400 Mbps to up to 600 Mbps. Faster download speeds help to give you a better experience as you work, learn, and stream from home.

This is included as part of your current plan. You should notice these speeds this month.​

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
So I've got about half a dozen micro SD cards that I am keeping for spares for my camera.
I was going to swap my 3D printer's one out for one of these. None of the spares will connect to the computer. Using the same SD adapter as well as different SD adapters the old one and other used ones will. None of these will.

Anyone have any ideas what might be the cause?
Cards could be ExFAT. Marlin will only read FAT32 or earlier. Or even if they're FAT32, the partition table or whatever on the card might be upsetting Marlin.

Use the official SD card association formatter tool to format them as FAT32.

Cards could be ExFAT. Marlin will only read FAT32 or earlier. Or even if they're FAT32, the partition table or whatever on the card might be upsetting Marlin.

Use the official SD card association formatter tool to format them as FAT32.
My windows laptop won't read them. Won't even register them being inserted

Intel seems to have knocked it out of the park with their new big-little architecture in Alder Lake.

AMD will very closely follow though, they have the tech to do this and do it better.