Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Im not liking the 1080p panels on any of those for productivity usage. the 2070 is overkill for 1080p gaming too
Wow, that's an amazing tip! There is no legit 4k gaming yet? I know 2070 obviously isn't 4k. Been adrift from computing for a few years now and in the midst of honing my skills back up.

Wow, that's an amazing tip! There is no legit 4k gaming yet? I know 2070 obviously isn't 4k. Been adrift from computing for a few years now and in the midst of honing my skills back up.
4k is brutal on GPUs. 1440p is the sweet spot (called QHD sometimes). For that big of a laptop id look for a QHD screen with a 2000 series gpu (2060 would be fine). Also, 32 ggigs of ram will be good for the multiple VM sessions.

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
4k is brutal on GPUs. 1440p is the sweet spot (called QHD sometimes). For that big of a laptop id look for a QHD screen with a 2000 series gpu (2060 would be fine). Also, 32 ggigs of ram will be good for the multiple VM sessions.
Agreed that all the specs looked woefully shy on ram. I'm also not looking to have the hugest laptop out there, either. That, of course, has no bearing on the ram situation.

Thanks for the info, mah dude!

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
IDK if it's still the case or not, but non-business Dells (and by extension, Alienware, since they're just Dell with a dildo attached) are all made with cheap plastics and fall apart in short order.
Fantastic dildo description and way appreciate the heads up on the cheap plastics!

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
lol: https://m1racles.com/

Their FAQ section is gold.

Am I affected?​

Probably.

• macOS users: At least versions 11.0 and onwards are affected.
  • Linux users: Versions 5.13 and onwards are affected.
  • OpenBSD users: Hi Mark!
  • AmigaOS users: Look, Apple bought PASemi but the AmigaOne X1000 CPU doesn't count as Apple Silicon, sorry.
  • Newton OS users: I guess those are technically Apple Silicon but...
  • iOS users:

• Gravy
Any good reco's on a high end laptop? I have a company burner for onsite work that's fairly new but still a shitbox. It's got double the benchmark scores of my own shitbox so its starting to make me sad panda.
I just replaced my Chromebook and aging desktop with a Zephyrus G14. VERY nicely built and supported. And actually comes with a fucking 3060 onboard, should I want to game or mine crypto.

• Gravy
I just replaced my Chromebook and aging desktop with a Zephyrus G14. VERY nicely built and supported. And actually comes with a fucking 3060 onboard, should I want to game or mine crypto.
Always been an Asus fan. Did you up the ram? Seeing 16gb as the default config.