Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I took the chance. It seems to be running fine. GTA:SA looks great. GTA IV looks like shit, but I don't know if there's any hope for that game with the best computer. I'm still being bottlenecked by my 1.3Ghz CPU and 4GB ram. I do wonder how PS2 emulation will go so I might try that next.

you running hacked drivers on a gtx series, or actually get a quadro
This runs every time the array starts up.

Works fucking great. I had like 12 people streaming the other night and CPU was chillin at 20%.

I took the chance. It seems to be running fine. GTA:SA looks great. GTA IV looks like shit, but I don't know if there's any hope for that game with the best computer. I'm still being bottlenecked by my 1.3Ghz CPU and 4GB ram. I do wonder how PS2 emulation will go so I might try that next.
I probably have a better mobo, proc, and maybe RAM than that sitting here that you can have for shipping. If you're interested, I'll see what I've got.

I appreciate the offer! I have a motherboard on the way, and cpu and ram waiting on the motherboard to get here because neither are compatible. So, I don't really need anything, but thanks just the same.

Here's what it'll have when I'm done:
i3-10100 3.6ghz/4.7ghz (came with a cooler)
GTX 750ti
16GB RAM
1TB SSD (already installed)

I think once I get the CPU and RAM installed it'll run pretty decently. I pulled Minecraft up and ended up getting it to max settings except with the render distance all the way down. If I'm not mistaken the CPU would work hardest generateing the new chunks on a new world, and the RAM would be what works hardest at reloading previously generated chunks.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Yeah, your adapter is the standard lenovo 65W one, got the same shit plugged into my T440 here.

I bet it's running hot, and wouldn't be surprised if it drops dead at some point. If it does, get a 90W or even a 135W adapter and you'll be good for a while.

Yeah, your adapter is the standard lenovo 65W one, got the same shit plugged into my T440 here.

I bet it's running hot, and wouldn't be surprised if it drops dead at some point. If it does, get a 90W or even a 135W adapter and you'll be good for a while.
I bought a PSU for it that I'll upgrade when my motherboard gets here. I had no idea adapters got that big.

Man, Comcast is doing some confusing shit.

They took my 175Mbps plan (Super Plus Performance CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet) and made it $85/mo.
They then put up a 200Mbps plan for $80/mo.

I just dropped it and went with a 100Mbps plan.

I know, my peen is small, it's a failing I've learned to live with.

They took my 175Mbps plan (Super Plus Performance CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet) and made it $85/mo.

FIOS did the same last year. I quadrupled the speed for $10 a month less with no contract. :iono:

I also only have 100Mb. :(

So Frontier finally got rid of their illegal $10/mo router fee - even if you don't use their router. Yay. Just ordered 500/500 internet for $60/mo. Might be able to turn on 1080p for Plex now. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138