Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Backup your photos and other data.

Then reset the fucking thing and start from scratch.
There are 2 iPhones with the same problem here. My son's, and my wife's. Though my son's one used to belong to @Applesauce, so maybe she has installed an app on both of them that is causing it. I'm going to investigate further.

Anyone have any idea why Google Meetings is constantly changing my microphone source? I'll be in a meeting and all of a sudden it just won't be working anymore. Go into the settings and I find out that it has changed my default microphone to something else

I've tried all the basics listed in articles like this but haven't come across anything that works long term

Anyone have any idea why Google Meetings is constantly changing my microphone source? I'll be in a meeting and all of a sudden it just won't be working anymore. Go into the settings and I find out that it has changed my default microphone to something else

I've tried all the basics listed in articles like this but haven't come across anything that works long term

Bad connection on the mic it's dropping so it goes to default?

Bad connection on the mic it's dropping so it goes to default?
Built in mic on a new laptop. Doesn't mean it isnt broken though.

Check the windows error log? Or just go into device manager and disable all the other mics.
I took a brief look at the drivers. Part of the problem is that it seems to be defaulting to some other setting of the same mic/driver? I'll take a closer look when I get back home.

So, it switches between these three, which is the same mic.

201021756image000000.jpg