Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I wouldn't call power a fuckup, it was around for a long time and still is, though not so much in the server/desktop/embedded space anymore.

It had piles of design wins - the PS3/Xbox360/Wii all ran Power CPUs.

the architecture was immensely powerful, power 7 shit stomped all over x86 in terms of pure performance. But integrating and coding for it is a nightmare.

Wyze Outdoor camera coming soon.

battery powered = meh. A lot of people want that though.

y’all tell me to get a fucking windows laptop and literally 30 days after purchase

what is thiiiis? i don’t understand this non-Apple language

debbc9f1bf41149fbcc92a4a9122e720.jpg

Guys, c'mon. Actually give her some help.
Help first, then joke
I haven't the slightest idea how to troubleshoot windows anymore. THE JOKES ARE ALL I HAVE.

Are you using any non-standard apps, @Maureen ? Like discord or twitch or something?

I haven't the slightest idea how to troubleshoot windows anymore. THE JOKES ARE ALL I HAVE.

Are you using any non-standard apps, @Maureen ? Like discord or twitch or something?

nope this is a company laptop and we don’t use it for anything other than outlook (which is when i got this cool message) and ll the other microsoft apps

i think ive googled something twice

this is the first time

i was in outlook trynna reply to an email

the only think downloaded to this piece of shit is the microsoft shit (outlook word excel)
Have you installed any software other than what came with the laptop?

edit: Also, if you're regularly turning the laptop off by chance, leave it on for a day or two (near wifi) to ensure that it's getting updates.

Have you installed any software other than what came with the laptop?

edit: Also, if you're regularly turning the laptop off by chance, leave it on for a day or two (near wifi) to ensure that it's getting updates.

i have never downloaded anything to it

actually yesterday some pop up said: you have 2 days left before your antivirus shit runs out so buy buy buy or hackers are gunnnna getcha

so i ignored it

• Haha
Reactions: Josh
One our favorite farm breweries, that we've also supported this year through and "Extended Family" fundraiser type deal, has pivoted to outdoor only seating, on the lovely horse farm property.

Only problem is cell service fucking blows. The Wifi in the tasting room, complete with crusty AP mounted to the corrugated metal roof used for the ceiling, also blows, and certainly doesn't escape the metal sided building.

The WiFi sucking is a running joke.

To get the iPad Square terminals working, mostly, out in the seating area, they bought LTE Wifi hotspots, that they're using up all the date on rapidly. And they don't even cover the whole seating area.

I offered to help them install some new WiFi gear, inside and out, so they can stop paying a monthly fee for those hotspots.

Figured one new Ubiquiti IniFi AP AC-Lite in the tasting room, mounted properly, and two Ubiquiti UniFi AP-M outdoor units mounted to the outside of the building would do nicely. And be only about $300 on their end.

Then I'll load the UniFi controller software on a Raspberry Pi, so the Guest Network Portal and isolation can be enabled.

Almost all of the food trucks that come do online ordering so people aren't standing in line.

The brewery also has a QR code at every table to bring up the beer and food menus so no one is handling anything that can spread the Covid.

Im going to have to change the DHCP server on whatever gateway they've got from the likely 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0 to something broader to accommodate guest devices. And limit guest device bandwidth.

@Josh How much of a dummy am I being?

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh