Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

was looking at the latest wifi6 stuff.... turns out even the best of it still only hits about 600Mbit. My network drops are still justified.

Are you suggesting that I can get a virus from an MKV? I find that really hard to believe. Either way, that would have nothing to do with DMCAs...
mkvs are just a package like a zip file. they can hold nasty shit, now unless your player opens that nasty shit, itll never get out, but theres some nefarious sub files and stuff

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Recommend me a cheap windows 10 laptop. It will only have one job - run the AEM program that lets me tune my Nissan via the USB port, because windows 10 on virtualbox on my mac is like sticking my dick into molasses.

Would prefer >= 1280 horizontal pixels in the screen.

Recommend me a cheap windows 10 laptop. It will only have one job - run the AEM program that lets me tune my Nissan via the USB port, because windows 10 on virtualbox on my mac is like sticking my dick into molasses.

Would prefer >= 1280 horizontal pixels in the screen.
Google around and see if you've got a local shop that sells refurbished lenovo/dell business class laptops.

Decent, cheap, W10 key already in the BIOS, hard to go wrong.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Found a Dell Latitude E7470 for $200 at a friend's shop.

16GB/256GB, should do fine. Actually, except for the GeForce 1050ti in the desktop, it's probably the better machine overall.
You gonna dual-boot Linux on the thing, just so you don't have a Windows Only (tm) machine in the house sitting there and aggravating you?

Or will saying aloud GOD I HATE WINDOWS every time you use the thing be enough?

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
You gonna dual-boot Linux on the thing, just so you don't have a Windows Only (tm) machine in the house sitting there and aggravating you?

Or will saying aloud GOD I HATE WINDOWS every time you use the thing be enough?
I'm going to leave it the hell alone, put my HUP copy of Microsoft Office on it, and then give my kids accounts on it.

Seems like a fine machine to run until it's dead.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie