Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I scored a 5 bay expander for my Synology DS1019+ on Ebay as an open box.

Scored three 8tb WD shuckers on Prime Day.

Decided to change the SHR (RAID) from SHR-1 to SHR-2, it's like RAID 6 but Synologies version of it, and add a hot spare.

Kicked off the change yesterday, 24 hours later it's 7% done. Looks like this will take a while. :fly:

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
I scored a 5 bay expander for my Synology DS1019+ on Ebay as an open box.

Scored three 8tb WD shuckers on Prime Day.

Decided to change the SHR (RAID) from SHR-1 to SHR-2, it's like RAID 6 but Synologies version of it, and add a hot spare.

Kicked off the change yesterday, 24 hours later it's 7% done. Looks like this will take a while. :fly:
You paid almost $700 for a fucking drive bay?

Well, there really is one born every minute.

Code:
root@fomalhaut:/home/jehannum# zpool status
  pool: tank
state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 1h11m with 0 errors on Sun Jul 14 01:36:00 2019
config:

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
    tank        ONLINE       0     0     0
      raidz2-0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        sda     ONLINE       0     0     0
        sdb     ONLINE       0     0     0
        sdc     ONLINE       0     0     0
        sdd     ONLINE       0     0     0
        sde     ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

Code:
tank              20902G 1532G    19371G   8% /home

Unlike someone who has to go buy new shit every fuckin' week, I pick something that suits my needs, and stick with it until it's time to upgrade (as determined by the number of hours on the drive, as opposed to whenever Amazon sells some cut-rate bullshit or I see something shiny on eBay).

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
I have 25TB of 720p.

:nev:

my 720p number is greatly reduced, and 480p is almost gone. Radarr/Sonarr have been amazing for replacing things invisibly over time. My "deleted movies" folder of stuff that got replaced with 12mbps or better 1080p or better is about 100-300 gigs a week

my 720p number is greatly reduced, and 480p is almost gone. Radarr/Sonarr have been amazing for replacing things invisibly over time. My "deleted movies" folder of stuff that got replaced with 12mbps or better 1080p or better is about 100-300 gigs a week
Yeah, I mean, I know I'm supposed to care - but I just don't. As long as its 720p, and not a cam (for movies), I'm good. And all my remote streaming is limited to 720p anyway.

edit: Maybe it helps that we *maybe* watch 3 movies a year.