Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

@fly after years and years my nzb indexer (nzbs.org) is going away :(

I have drunkenslug as a backup, but it kinda sucks. Do you use a paid indexer? I hate to pay for more stuff, but it seems there arent many free ones anymore.

My two, in preferred order

Nzbgeek
Dognzb

Dog has occasional blips

Nzbgeek is always solid.

i had a dog acocunt for a bit, they deleted it on me for not manually logging in if i recall a couple times. Theres some sorta activity requirement that api calls dont fulfill. Trying to reg for geek now.

I have drunkenslug as a backup, but it kinda sucks. Do you use a paid indexer? I hate to pay for more stuff, but it seems there arent many free ones anymore.

theres a link to join omgwtfnzbs in the forum section of nzbs.org

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon

Dognzb and nzbcat. If needed, I can give ya an invite.

Stop bitching about paying next to nothing to get thousand of dollars of free shit. :p

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
i had a dog acocunt for a bit, they deleted it on me for not manually logging in if i recall a couple times. Theres some sorta activity requirement that api calls dont fulfill. Trying to reg for geek now.
Maybe if you had a free account, but I've never had an issue with it.

I literally can't remember the last time I used newsgroups. Late 90s I think with dialup! Are they still missing half the files posted so you can't actually combine things together? That shit drove me bonkers. IRC was way easier to use. I used to be pretty big into the Star Trek TV show trading scene on IRC back in the day because I didn't have cable or satellite. I remember there was this russian guy, I think he lived in the DC area, who'd record the TV shows in digital format somehow from a cable box to his PC, encode them, and then distribute on IRC. 80MB files, stupid small video files lulz I probably still have the files somewhere on my old fileserver.

What's an easy to use, simple, web-frontend linux NAS distro? I have an ITX AMD based (two 4TB SATA drives in software RAID-1, OS runs from USB flashdrive) computer at my office that I store various ISOs and backups when working on client systems on the bench. Just need SMB folder shared to access on the network. Was previously using NAS4Free but I think the SMB 2.0/3.0 versions fucked it hard, so it couldn't be viewed on the network from our Windows 10 office computers. I don't see a lot of options out there. Don't want to buy a Synology NAS for this project (not right now, down the road maybe). Mostly used to Redhat versions of Linux. Some familiarity with Debian based systems.

What's an easy to use, simple, web-frontend linux NAS distro? I have an ITX AMD based (two 4TB SATA drives in software RAID-1) computer at my office that I store various ISOs and backups when working on client systems on the bench. Just need SMB folder shared to access on the network. Was previously using NAS4Free but I think the SMB 2.0/3.0 versions fucked it hard, so it couldn't be viewed on the network from our Windows 10 office computers. I don't see a lot of options out there. Don't want to buy a Synology NAS for this project (not right now, down the road maybe). Mostly used to Redhat versions of Linux. Some familiarity with Debian based systems.
Debian is about the easiest small-footprint system to setup, but my perspective is probably skewed.