Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Under the carpet, or behind the baseboards then. I'd rather do all of that than buy a soundbar, personally.
I have tiles. Still, you end up with wires coming out of where ever.

If I had a theatre room, I would definitely invest in a proper sound system.

I was gonna WTF that, but then I realized that's just today's "Australian Beef"
No I'm being honest. Surround sound is waaaay overhyped. It's still cool, but people act like it's the only way to watch a movie. Most movies don't need surround sound anyway.

yeah, the whole "been around since the '90s, not going anywhere" is totally hype, right?

Just another case of the ol' angry kiwi convincing himself he doesn't want what he can't have.
Can't have? Why on earth can't I have a surround sound stereo system? Come on man. If you are going to talk shit, put some sort of logic into it, please.

Movies that make good use of surround sound tend to be shitty movies, IMO.
True, and how many movies do we watch that need surround sound? As I'm getting old, I'm getting more and more into dialog movies, so the percentage of action movies that I watch is decreasing.

Movies that make good use of surround sound tend to be shitty movies, IMO.
Some they use it really well. I like when you're seeing a couples dialoge in a restaurant & you hear a glass being filled with ice to your back right. Countless times I'll be really into the movie and hear something like that or the errant cough and look over to see what's there.

Some they use it really well. I like when you're seeing a couples dialoge in a restaurant & you hear a glass being filled with ice to your back right. Countless times I'll be really into the movie and hear something like that or the errant cough and look over to see what's there.
Why does that matter? Why does that make the experience better? It seems like a gimmick.

Why does that matter? Why does that make the experience better? It seems like a gimmick.
Because it feels like you're more in the middle of the scene with the characters. It's clearly more 'big-movie-theater-like' and 'more real.' It increases the ability to make your experience of an artificial event more real.

*artificial event = you're not in a live event.