Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Trying to resist buying this 3d printer... since i have no place to put it

Last edited:
Anyone still rocking a circa 2010 HP printer? I had to factory reset it to get it to print after like 12 years of service. Shenanigans.
I've got a 2016 M452DN that seems to still print without any issue.

The black toner is a little low, I should order some more. For whatever reason, my HP employee discount still works 10 years after I quit, so I get pretty good deals there.

I've got a 2016 M452DN that seems to still print without any issue.

The black toner is a little low, I should order some more. For whatever reason, my HP employee discount still works 10 years after I quit, so I get pretty good deals there.
This is a M451nw so it looks like you're a generation newer. Duplexer would come in handy sometimes.

That's a solid perk. I get something like that from when I was in banking still. Saves me on my cell phone bill a decade later

This is a M451nw so it looks like you're a generation newer. Duplexer would come in handy sometimes.

That's a solid perk. I get something like that from when I was in banking still. Saves me on my cell phone bill a decade later
I made up for it by dumpster diving the printer, because it was thrown away after the power supply blew.

It's been working like a top ever since I replaced it. The only thing I wish it had was wireless networking.

I made up for it by dumpster diving the printer, because it was thrown away after the power supply blew.

It's been working like a top ever since I replaced it. The only thing I wish it had was wireless networking.
Solid find!

That's the exact reason I opted for the nw model, I knew I wouldn't want to run a cable to it forever. I bought it when it was first released and we used it for a home business. It's on the 3rd set of toner cartridges and second set of rollers. Has been a real workhorse.