Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I don't know what that is, but I'm sad to see there's no DickButt on there.
Good news! I forgot to send the board outline gerber file, so I gotta re-send the files this evening, which gives me time to add the dickbutt!

The board is a replacement power distribution board for a couple of Dell workstation models, that solves a major "how the hell do you power a GPU in this proprietary bullshit machine" issue the system has that people fight with. Figure I can sell a few of 'em to weirdos that are running these machines.

After a bit of a rough start and me corrupting a few movies, things are going well.
Tdarr is kinda janky and it corrupting my stuff was my main concern. I used it to health check all my stuff I didn't have md5ed when I txed to the new array though.

Tdarr is kinda janky and it corrupting my stuff was my main concern. I used it to health check all my stuff I didn't have md5ed when I txed to the new array though.
Meh, wasn't a big deal. At the end of the day, its just media. I just redownloaded the ones I fucked up. I've been spot checking things since then and it's working pretty darn well.

1675374572487.png

:lol:

I had to write an Active Directory logon script for a client today. Seems vbscript is still the easiest, so Google helped me. JFC, people have no idea how to write vbscript.

Hmm, ChatGPT did a pretty good job.

Code:
Set objSysInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")
strComputer = "."
Set objComputer = GetObject("LDAP://" & strComputer)
strUser = objSysInfo.UserName
objComputer.Description = strUser & " logged on at " & Now
objComputer.SetInfo

:lol:

I had to write an Active Directory logon script for a client today. Seems vbscript is still the easiest, so Google helped me. JFC, people have no idea how to write vbscript.
Should have had chatGPT write it for you

@gee you think pushing 20v into an 18v device (echo show 8 v1) would make it unhappy? Want to power it off a PD 3.0 usb-c rather than the giant ugly wallwart it comes with. I realize i have to trick the PD into negotiating to 20v pre-input, obviously, but thats easily done.