Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Well that wasn't exactly as easy as you suggested, but that was my first time using the EFI shell. I'm fucking useless with hardware these days. Only owning a laptop, and a console for gaming, makes me a real idiot.

:lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Well that wasn't exactly as easy as you suggested, but that was my first time using the EFI shell. I'm fucking useless with hardware these days. Only owning a laptop, and a console for gaming, makes me a real idiot.

:lol:
but you got it. And now you know something new :) First time I ever used EFI was to flash this thing too

• Love
Reactions: fly
@fly automation of trash-guide formats and scores. Automatically keeps radarr and sonarr up to date with all the scores, no more pasting in JSON, etc.

Great video that got me over the hurdle of extensively using them.

Amazon Music has now removed ability to download MP3 purchases for offline playing. I've been buying albums from them for years. This sucks. Not sure what I should do to play music collection on my phone. Cell service is sketch up here and streaming music sucks.

• Sad
Reactions: Jehannum
Amazon Music has now removed ability to download MP3 purchases for offline playing. I've been buying albums from them for years. This sucks. Not sure what I should do to play music collection on my phone. Cell service is sketch up here and streaming music sucks.
I've been buying vinyl copies of albums I want on amazon, and most of the time they'd show up in my music library and I could download the MP3s immediately.

Now I have to figure out something else. Fuck, most of these records don't even come with CDs.

cloudflare tunnels+access are incredibly slick for remote access.

I just run a docker instance on the machine I'm looking to access, and point it a subdomain (application.domain.com), and it just works. I can add a sign on screen with any authentication provider I want, including single time access with a code with one click.

No ports open, no exposed access, no VPN clients.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Got some updated parts for the downstairs PC. All used, from a local friendly computer store, so I got a really screamin' deal.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Asus X570 TUF-Pro
970 pro 1TB M.2
32GB DDR4-3200 memory

All for $300, b/c the guy is updating to a new Intel 13th gen.

It's replacing an i7-4770 w/32GB of whatever RAM that shit supports. I'm also keeping my vidja card (6800XT), as it's been hamstrung by a shit proc for long enough.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and fly
Got some updated parts for the downstairs PC. All used, from a local friendly computer store, so I got a really screamin' deal.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Asus X570 TUF-Pro
970 pro 1TB M.2
32GB DDR4-3200 memory

All for $300, b/c the guy is updating to a new Intel 13th gen.

It's replacing an i7-4770 w/32GB of whatever RAM that shit supports. I'm also keeping my vidja card (6800XT), as it's been hamstrung by a shit proc for long enough.
the X3D is a beast. and that is a fantastic deal, the proc alone goes for that.

upgraded the unraid machine to the 12600k+64gigs of ram. Nice bump from the 7600 + 16GB

I'm doing my dumb thing where I try to consolidate many machines into one again though, and want to drop my 2080ti in there, so i can farm out a "virtual gaming machine" to whereever I want.

It has issues posting with both the iGPU and the 2080ti enabled. Need the iGPU for plex + frigate + etc, and the 2080ti to pass to a vm

Posting, meaning BIOS issue? That seems odd.

yep. Unfortunately it seems to be a documented issue with Asus boards. Found a whole bunch of people on the unraid forums with similar symptoms. Gonna update the bios tonight, and disable fast boot

@fly

you should check this out if you're not already using it

Greatly enhances passing USB devices to VMs, and allows you to pass remote USB devices to unraid.