Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Just bought 16 x 8TB sas3 drives at 43 a piece.

5.25 a TB is about the best price ive seen. THeyve got like 35000 hours on em, and SAS drives are rated for 1.2M hours.

Ill have an out of the box ready to go 64tb box if anyone wants an instant storage solution, with my old drives.

Almost got you beat.

Just loaded up 4x12tb and 5x16tb in a new box.

But I have 31 in the old one. And 24 in another one.

Just bought 16 x 8TB sas3 drives at 43 a piece.

5.25 a TB is about the best price ive seen. THeyve got like 35000 hours on em, and SAS drives are rated for 1.2M hours.

Ill have an out of the box ready to go 64tb box if anyone wants an instant storage solution, with my old drives.
Jesus, where?!?!?!?

edit: SAS fuck :(

that one was just straight luck. Dude on reddit /r/homelabsales was trying to price a bunch of 8tb sas and I did an ebay search to see what current pricing was, and that one popped up.

I posted the it on reddit.... and the user after me bought the remaining 64.

ill be moving away from my RAID, and although ill miss the 1500MB/s speed, these SAS3 drives can do 250 MB/s, which aint bad.

would love to go raidz2, but I dont trust zfs expansion yet, and unraid is wonky with zfs

@fly i think you're good on ports, but this is a great deal on a 16i hba

picked one up to drive my new SAS drives during data transfer from the old array

@fly i think you're good on ports, but this is a great deal on a 16i hba

picked one up to drive my new SAS drives during data transfer from the old array
If I could find some of your cheap SAS drives, I totally would!