Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

can you pin the plex docker image to one or several of the normal cores? Keep it off the e-cores?
Plex pinned and /dev/dri readded. hw transcoding is working. Lets see how long it takes to crash.

I have zero faith in this fixing it, but totally worth a shot at this point.

Plex pinned and /dev/dri readded. hw transcoding is working. Lets see how long it takes to crash.

I have zero faith in this fixing it, but totally worth a shot at this point.
Explosion Reaction GIF

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and fly
  • Gravy
Reactions: Josh
I'll be damned. Fucking thing is still up.
well shit..... hopefully it holds.

That is the fundamentally different thing about the 12 series CPUs. The igpu is actually only vaguely different from the 750 in the 10 and 11 series

I applaud the dudes motivation. That old stuff is finicky and he's almost at 1/4 micron where stupid stuff starts happening.

Funny that Carnegie Mellon wasnt happy with him having an xray machine in his room when they have a university fab with open slots for students :D He could have just used that.
MUN has/had a VLSI lab, where you can fabricate 80s era CMOS with a few metal layers or something... and nobody I know who ever wanted to use that shit could ever use it, because it was basically hoarded by a bunch of faculty and you had to do their courses and get your project all approved by them and shit.

I wanted to do the ASIC course, but couldn't do the prerequisite courses because I was doing vanilla EE instead of CompE. I would have had to do a bunch of computer architecture courses, a VHDL course etc... and it just wasn't possible. I wouldn't be surprised if Carnegie Mellon was the same way, where dude didn't meet the criteria so he couldn't use the fab.

Plus, even though I can get a PCB made for $5 from JLCPCB or whoever, I'm not gonna shit on that person that's playing with ferric chloride and whatever to make their own PCBs, like I used to do way the fuck back in the day. This dude is doing the same sort of thing, and I can see him having a real kickass career in the future working in the field.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and fly