Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

There is, and Frigate can use my GPU. I messed with it briefly trying to get shit recognized in HA using Wyze RTSP, but it never worked.
thats cause wyze rstp is a clusterfuck that doesnt play nice with frigate. Its a malformed stream

Yikes, you guys see this shit?

FCC is considering pulling Hik's certification. Which I believe means that the products will be banned in the US. Hik is already banned in federal gov't installations (not NDAA compliant). I don't install many cameras in my IT consulting business. I've used Hik in the past, but I guess it is time to shop around for a new vendor. I typically would pair Hik cameras with a Synology NAS as most of my clients needs were small and the Synology NAS worked fairly well.

I read why my Starlink connection was interferring with Facebook and Instagram from loading the pages properly. QUIC protocol. Once I added a drop UDP Port 443 firewall rule on my Ubiquiti router at home, all of the load issues went away. In fact, I'm finding most other websites load a lot quicker too. Starlink is still too lossy of an internet connection to effectively use QUIC. I just wish they would publish this information. I finally found this fix when reading Reddit.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I read why my Starlink connection was interferring with Facebook and Instagram from loading the pages properly. QUIC protocol. Once I added a drop UDP Port 443 firewall rule on my Ubiquiti router at home, all of the load issues went away. In fact, I'm finding most other websites load a lot quicker too. Starlink is still too lossy of an internet connection to effectively use QUIC. I just wish they would publish this information. I finally found this fix when reading Reddit.
Interesting. Never even heard of that.

I use VOIP.MS which has been fucked for weeks. Now it seems the assholes have started targeting their upstream provider, bandwidth.com, which hosts a fuckton of VOIP services for everyone. So if you're wondering why your Google Voice is fucked right now, this is why.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon