Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
I had forgotten about this, and you probably don't need it anymore @OzSTEEZ, but this sets all the downloader stuff up for ya.

(FYI, cloud not required.)
I checked that one out along with dockSTARTer. Both solid

dockstarter might be best for @osteez

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
So since we both got new Xboxes, I'm selling our old ones. Prices are kinda crazy. The Xbox One S is going for around $200. The new one if you can get it is $300. Why in the fuck are people paying $200 for last gen?

My Xbox One X is going for around $300, which seems a bit more reasonable. Either way, I get a brand new SeX for basically $200, and @APRIL gets a new SeS for $100.

I checked that one out along with dockSTARTer. Both solid

dockstarter might be best for @osteez
BTW, sometime in the last few months, Trash updated the guide for more specific qualities for movies and shit. A bit more complex than what I had previously, but seems legit.

BTW, sometime in the last few months, Trash updated the guide for more specific qualities for movies and shit. A bit more complex than what I had previously, but seems legit.
yeah, im using his new specs. Plex has a new agent that can read other fields now, and he includes those fields.

by the way.... all the bullshit problems i had with plex? Not a fuckin docker problem. New router was blocking something called DNS rebinding, which plex uses to make sure its visible to the outside world via its apps. DNS rebinding is generally an attack surface, so the router wasnt wrong to block it, but plex uses it, so i gotta figure out how to let it through.

by the way.... all the bullshit problems i had with plex? Not a fuckin docker problem. New router was blocking something called DNS rebinding, which plex uses to make sure its visible to the outside world via its apps. DNS rebinding is generally an attack surface, so the router wasnt wrong to block it, but plex uses it, so i gotta figure out how to let it through.
You don't have a setting to turn that off?

its good POE hardware.

Sure, if i had to do it again id get some Ruckus gear, but its solid hardware for what it is.
Oh, you're still under the impression that your house needs more than what's on the shelf for other single family dwellings right now, I forgot.

My Archer C4000 wifi router is still faster than my broadband, even with all of my and the kids' gear on it.

• Haha
Reactions: fly
Oh, you're still under the impression that your house needs more than what's on the shelf for other single family dwellings right now, I forgot.

My Archer C4000 wifi router is still faster than my broadband, even with all of my and the kids' gear on it.
house + property. Im blanketing almost 2 acres in wifi.