Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

By the end of next week, I'll have swapped in 8TB drives for everything on my home server. Next swap will be 14TBs and I'll need to start with at least 3 of them. UGH

By the end of next week, I'll have swapped in 8TB drives for everything on my home server. Next swap will be 14TBs and I'll need to start with at least 3 of them. UGH
yeah... my next swap if i go big is gonna be 18s, and Ill need 8. Hopefully thats two years out.

I might go to 8s if theyre super cheap (currently have 24x 4tbs

APC suck ass solely because of the 10 pin RJ45 bullshit they use to connect to a computer, which are missing for both of my UPSes and cost too much to bother buying.

Put a fucking normal USB port on your shit, assholes...

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
APC suck ass solely because of the 10 pin RJ45 bullshit they use to connect to a computer, which are missing for both of my UPSes and cost too much to bother buying.

Put a fucking normal USB port on your shit, assholes...
It's just a serial cable. What could it cost, $10?

It's just a serial cable. What could it cost, $10?
It's just a RJ45 (but not, some 10 pin bullshit) crimped onto a USB cable. And of course they're using the outer pins so you can't substitute a normal 8 pin RJ45.

Genuine article costs 49 bucks, you can get a Startech one for about 30 bucks. AP9827 is the part number.

It's just a RJ45 (but not, some 10 pin bullshit) crimped onto a USB cable. And of course they're using the outer pins so you can't substitute a normal 8 pin RJ45.

Genuine article costs 49 bucks, you can get a Startech one for about 30 bucks. AP9827 is the part number.
I guess my shit's all too old for that. Mine are just DB9 on both ends.

Yeah, that's a 10p10c. I've seen them called RJ50s too, networking gear uses them sometimes when needs all the pins in a serial