Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Why are you pretty sure it's the phone uploading shit.

Turn it off for a bit and see if the problem goes away.
Yeah as soon as I disconnect it from the wifi, the problems goes away. As soon as I connect it back to the wifi, the problem reappears.

Yeah I need to learn how to use that. I've used it for my PC taffic, but I have no idea how to capture traffic on wifi devices from my PC.
By no means an expert. Can you see where it's uploading data to? Cause then you can figure out the app. I know you said it's iOS that's doing it but you might be able to figure out a specific aspect of iOS and disable it.

By no means an expert. Can you see where it's uploading data to? Cause then you can figure out the app. I know you said it's iOS that's doing it but you might be able to figure out a specific aspect of iOS and disable it.
Nah i don't have anything setup (i.e. a proxy, or network tap) to analyze the network traffic.

Half tempted to just ban iOS devices from my LAN.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
So Google Music Manager has finally been killed off. Figured I would try the Youtube Music ecosystem. It defaults to clean versions of songs, even with restricted mode turned off. Super annoying.

Is there an app that I could install on my son's PC (windows 10 pro) that would text me when he goes to run Minecraft so that I could approve or disapprove of it?

I want to allow him to do his school work in his room, but I keep catching him Minecrafting up there instead of listening to his teacher.