Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

ya valve baba
for the price of the adapters could have bought a cheap audio interface
fucking terrible bastards whoever thought of changing these connectors
But TB is so fast. And once set up, will work with most firewire devices. Always something. Hope you get it all sorted baba.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
thanks eddie baba :)
as of now i ordered the audient evo 4 to do some mix work, till i sort out the rme
What are you hoping to run through it? USB 2.0 will theoretically carry more than FIrewire(old/400) but has more latency so will struggle with more than 8-ish channels.
You ever see one of these (R not FX) consider grabbing it. IT's a solid firewire bitch with great pre-amps.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
What are you hoping to run through it? USB 2.0 will theoretically carry more than FIrewire(old/400) but has more latency so will struggle with more than 8-ish channels.
You ever see one of these (R not FX) consider grabbing it. IT's a solid firewire bitch with great pre-amps.
its a usb c type output from the audient and connects to usb 3 normal usb port on the computer and supposed to be pretty latency free, only 2 channels anyway, and a high z
will keep the allen heath in mind baba will def chk it out if i ever come across one :)

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
its a usb c type output from the audient and connects to usb 3 normal usb port on the computer and supposed to be pretty latency free, only 2 channels anyway, and a high z
will keep the allen heath in mind baba will def chk it out if i ever come across one :)
The USB3 is good, as long as the PC is truly set up for it. Otherwise, it goes back to USB2.
Screw it, just get a 24 track reel 2 reel and some 80mm wide tape. Embrace the hiss and make it part of your sound. :)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi