Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I will only get 4k videos for stuff that has great visuals, like GoT, Vikings, etc. Otherwise the upscaling of 1080p to 4k is enough for stuff that's mostly dialog.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I can't tell the difference between 4k and 1080p for the most part. Still using a 1080p receiver on our 4k TV.
I largely cant either to be honest. What i can tell though is HDR. non-HDR stuff looks flat to me now.

I have a really high brightness HDR tv though.

I can't tell the difference between 4k and 1080p for the most part. Still using a 1080p receiver on our 4k TV.
Your 4k TV is probably upscalling the 1080p content. And upscalling from 1080p to 4k is mostly pretty good. Also if your TV isn't that big, the upscalled 1080p content wont look much different from normal 4k content. Between 55" and 85" 4k really shines.

fake 4k = shot in 4k or higher/lower but edited in 2k then upscaled

older movies that were shot on film but scanned in 4k I can't really tell the difference other than its grainier

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
While we're waiting for the electric company to give us our permission to operate our ShitFuck Solar LLC system, I did some poking around about what if any data our PV gear spits out for nerd purposes.

Turns out a smart guy wrote an android app that spits out your systems installer password when you feed it your serial number.

Gives you access to all sorts of info you can't otherwise see as an end user about the micro inverters and other stuff.

While we're waiting for the electric company to give us our permission to operate our ShitFuck Solar LLC system, I did some poking around about what if any data our PV gear spits out for nerd purposes.

Turns out a smart guy wrote an android app that spits out your systems installer password when you feed it your serial number.

Gives you access to all sorts of info you can't otherwise see as an end user about the micro inverters and other stuff.
China thanks them for that!

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: Domon and Valve1138