Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

But if you're using it online now in a browser, the experience will be no different with a Chromebook
Correct but most people think they are using O365 online when all they do is access via the browser but then install the version locally to allow them to work offline. The main differences I've seen between the mobile version is with excel and word.

yea so my hubby and i got into a huge argument about this and basically told me not to get involved in shit i know nothing about (i never claimed i knew anything i was just telling him what you guys were suggesting)

so it’s not about budget. it’s about dropping $900 on a computer that will have minimal use .. like that’s a waste of money to me.

but there are like $400 computers that at not CB that will do.

anyways thanks for all the help but i’m not involved in making this decision anymore.
i should stick to glitter and bath bombs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone's not getting anal for awhile...

Here's a good write up @Maureen on the differences between doing an online version of O365 and the local version you pull down from O365. In my experience the differences are around word and excel. I can't use the online version of excel the way I use it.

https://www.zubairalexander.com/blog/limitations-of-office-online-applications/
Depends on the complexity of the spreadsheet. If it was a large spreadsheet with formulas and code everywhere linking to external data sources, then I would want the Windows app version. If it's a simple list with a few columns of data, then I wouldn't mind using google sheets.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
obviously that’s tiny lol
do CB not come with bigger screens ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
why do you need to know! you think you know about technology! stay out of shit you know nothing about. Stick to glitter and bath bombs.

/notdomon

Yeah, touchpads have come a long way. The one on my Chromebook is pretty awesome.
Yeah, I love the Chromebook touchpads(have 3 now). The laptop the new jerb bought me, that thing fucking sucks. Apparently it doesn't meet some MicrosoftDick standard and I can't change the scroll direction. And it's way off-center compared to the keyboard. Lenovo - pos!

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Found a broken HP M452DN, replaced the low voltage power supply with a new one from fleaBay, and now I have a working HP M452DN for $42.60 with almost full 410XL toner cartridges.

Now I need to find a sucker to unload my old HP 2600N on. I should probably blow out the scanning unit again so that it doesn't make everything weird tones first.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
I still burn MP3 CDs for my Fit, because the aux jack doesn't work.

Used to burn the odd DVD-R for replacing yule log DVDs in stores around christmas time, but last christmas the grocery store moved towards using android boxes playing shit off USB sticks instead. Booo.

I still burn MP3 CDs for my Fit, because the aux jack doesn't work.

Used to burn the odd DVD-R for replacing yule log DVDs in stores around christmas time, but last christmas the grocery store moved towards using android boxes playing shit off USB sticks instead. Booo.
I still burn backups of the databases on my server to DVD every month.

That's in addition to the backups to CrashPlan and the (minimal) redundancy of the RAID-Z array that those databases live on.