Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Only 120v?

120 volts to the +5 and the ground.
Whatever's easiest to make. Hack the end off an extension cord or old AC thing you're throwing out, hack up an old molex-to-SATA converter and butt splice 'em together.

I'd suggest using a switched power bar instead of straight plugging the thing into a wall, because you'll probably end up burning up the outlet.

Seriously though, do this and record it for us. Will there be smoke? Fire? Will the drive or the circuit breaker pop first? Is it consistent across multiple drives?

This requires some science.

Welp, muh goddamned "keep it local, keep it safe" strategy has done blowed up in my face.

Quicken is "expiring" my copy of Quicken 2017, and I won't be able to download transactions after 4/30.

What y'all using for personal finance?
Morgan Stanley's online service does aggregation, but I can't do the same dumb categorization stuff that let me roll up spending over time that Quicken does, and I can't store receipts/pay stubs with their respective transactions anymore either :/

Am I stuck on the new Quicken-subscription treadmill where I pay them for a year, and get to keep using their software, or is there something better?

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant