Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I'd like a larger internal HD for my laptop for storage. 2.5" SATA spinning disk. Currently have a 1TB in there that's 7mm thick. Anyone know where I can find a larger one? I can find a 2TB, but if I'm doing this I'd prefer to go with a little larger.

ehh, that keeps you in the spinning disk regime, which you dont wanna be in. You have a second slot on the machine? Either M.2 or something else?

USB3? external disks dont suck anymore thanks for usb3.

ehh, that keeps you in the spinning disk regime, which you dont wanna be in. You have a second slot on the machine? Either M.2 or something else?

USB3? external disks dont suck anymore thanks for usb3.
I have three slots in this beast. I have a spinner, an SSD for boot, games, and other programs, and an empty.

I have an external, 6TB, I think, but it's a belt and suspenders thing for me.

I don't feel bad for the 14 assholes that paid $1500 to be a Glasshole

Why buy anything from Google other than corporate gmail. They're just going to cancel it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
The Ubiquiti Cloud Key ate itself during a firmware update. :rolleyes:

Everything will be fine until a device reboots, fucking PITA.

Hopefully the backups are good on its memory card.

why the fuck you need a cloud key. Install the controller once, set that shit up, never touch it again

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
had a hard drive in the raid6 just flat out fail sometime last night. Like, no spinny fail. Havent had that happen in a decade or more.

It was also the 2nd newest drive in the array in terms of hours and manufacture date.

Guess what fuckin brand it was.... just guess.

no data loss though. RAID for life.

i can lose 3 drives before i lose any data.

at which point i lose all my data.

But most the time, the drives "soft fail", and you can tell theyre on their way out. This one just crashed, no warning.