Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

trying to convince myself not to pick up a ryzen combo for 199 (ryzen5 1600 +mobo + 16gb of ddr4-3200).

Would swap it into the server to replace the bigass dually mobo thats really showing its age. less power usage, double the passmark score (but way less memory, ive got 96GB in the big board

trying to convince myself not to pick up a ryzen combo for 199 (ryzen5 1600 +mobo + 16gb of ddr4-3200).

Would swap it into the server to replace the bigass dually mobo thats really showing its age. less power usage, double the passmark score (but way less memory, ive got 96GB in the big board
2 questions:
1) would it affect your current "let the servers heat the house" strategy?
2) would it cut your energy consumption in a significant enough way to avoid the expense of the first if it did impact?

2 questions:
1) would it affect your current "let the servers heat the house" strategy?
2) would it cut your energy consumption in a significant enough way to avoid the expense of the first if it did impact?

1) slightly, TDP change would be approximately 80W less overall, but id make a bunch of that up by swapping in a much hungrier GPU
2) not really unfortuantely. All the energy consumption on that box is in the spinning disks,

awesome, someone put in a feature request for --force as a kubectl option for the python API when deleting/stopping things, and they added it, but it doesn't affect how it interfaces with kubernetes, it just exits without waiting for a status update.

#MaliciousCompliance.

Mine turned into a pita and I’ve ditched as a server.

Too many weird things like it would freeze up during windows updates.