Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

So they have their own bitcoin variation?
I don't think it's all up and running yet, but yes, they will.

They've been in bitcoin a long time. Taking it for orders for years. I think they would keep something like 25% of the order in btc, then convert the rest to fiat. So they're holding a ton of crypto.

HDMI 2.1 is severely needed.

It is an absolute nightmare to transmit 4k60p, chroma 4:4:4 or 4k60p chroma 4:2:2 10bit signals over current HDMI 18gbps cabling.

Its gets super fuckin finicky at any cable length over 15 feet, and far worse if you put anyhting in the signal path (say, an HDMI keystone).

We needed the 2.1 hdmi spec (48gpbs), and gear to support it before 4k came out. With HDR commonplace, im amazed consumers get this shit to work at all.

You actually cant even transmit a 4k60p 444 HDR signal over existing cables. At all. That 22gpbs of bw, which the cables just wont do.

Displayport does all this shit just fine by the way.

It is an absolute nightmare to transmit 4k60p, chroma 4:4:4 or 4k60p chroma 4:2:2 10bit signals over current HDMI 18gbps cabling.

Its gets super fuckin finicky at any cable length over 15 feet, and far worse if you put anyhting in the signal path (say, an HDMI keystone).

We needed the 2.1 hdmi spec (48gpbs), and gear to support it before 4k came out. With HDR commonplace, im amazed consumers get this shit to work at all.

You actually cant even transmit a 4k60p 444 HDR signal over existing cables. At all. That 22gpbs of bw, which the cables just wont do.

HDMI 2.1 has been out for a while. What am I missing here?

dafuq you need 4k60p for?

Looking at the pimples on Mia Khalifa's butt?

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
no cables yet either largely. fiber based cables, two of em, and a singular 3ft cable from monoprice.
I was finding more than just that, but note that all were 6 ft. or shorter. da fuq. I have no need for that kind of speed so I don't keep up on it.

VR - I picture you wandering around like the guy in Silence of the LAmbs with the IR headset on. :p