Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I was getting random lockups under hard use (chrome + cura simultaneously, mostly). Haven't had one since.
I normally don't have an issue, even when using Solidworks, but I start gaming (especially with modded games) and I can't even hold it on my lap. Start seeing low 80s *C for the CPU and GPU is maybe 5 degrees warmer, but never gets into the 90s.

I try to game with a board or something under the laptop in order to ensure my pants aren't blocking the vents.

I normally don't have an issue, even when using Solidworks, but I start gaming (especially with modded games) and I can't even hold it on my lap. Start seeing low 80s *C for the CPU and GPU is maybe 5 degrees warmer, but never gets into the 90s.

I try to game with a board or something under the laptop in order to ensure my pants aren't blocking the vents.
Yeah, I was well up into the 110-120°C range.

Maybe I really don't understand this docker shit at all. Doing that would update the image that my running container is using?
I'm pretty sure you'll have to rebuild and redeploy whatever container you're running with mi-container in it.

If you wanted to do that automatically you'd have to be a level or two up in kubernetes or helm, that handle versioned docker applications.

To get mi-container:test3 into your container, you'll have to edit the dockerfile to specify the tag.

Code:
FROM mi-container:test3

RUN ./flys-tiny-dingus.sh

then you can rebuild your image and deploy it.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Got my fancy PowerShell script to migrate files FIFO from NVME > magnetic drives up and running.

Drive hits 80% utilization and it will migrate files off until it either gets to 60% or 200 files moved (200 file limit needed for SnapRAID helper).

:nev:

Transferring my main pc's guts into a silverstone GD09 and dropping it in the AV cab next to the receiver.

gd09-34-right.jpg

• Love
  • Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie