Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Tried that. For some weird reason I couldn't cut or copy the post in the editor.

Weird. That should've worked. At least it does if you quote yourself in the pic thread, copy everything in the reply box, then post that here. The self-quote there is a throwaway.

Otherwise resize the pic to something less than 1MB and upload directly. Still shows up normal dimensions in the thread and seeing as everyone is either on phones or screwing off at their desk while they should be working or both, impeccable image clarity doesn't really matter.

18121870620181219072742.jpg

^. Hit "Reply" to your pic in the pic thread, copied what showed up in the reply box, and pasted here.

Plugged my 4k TV into my gaming rig.

W10 defaults it to scaling everything not he screen up to 300%.

Dialed it down to 125% and it's pretty useable. '

I'll have to try out a game on it when I have time.
I think you've got a 1070 like me, most everything runs well on 4K at hi to somewhere in the ultra range .

Couple things tank out on me, but mostly those are just poorly optimized games

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
I think you've got a 1070 like me, most everything runs well on 4K at hi to somewhere in the ultra range .

Couple things tank out on me, but mostly those are just poorly optimized games

I’m not playing anything taxing.

Fallout 4 still and Star Trek Online.

I got Flys xbone for Forza 4 which looks delightful on it.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
good call.

its crazy how small windows are by default on a 4k screen. Most windows default to 1080p size, and theyre 1/4 of the screen.
File explorer's default size is tiny.

When I'm coding, I have 6 windows up. Browser and vsCode each get a quarter. Then in 8ths I have Slack, Winamp, Postman, and the browser console.

So, wife bought one of those laser projector things on super clearance. Find out it was on super clearance because it was missing the 120V plug

The other end appears to be a male version of one of these
https://www.amazon.com/BTF-LIGHTING-Plastics-waterproof-connctoappears to ber-Applicable-x/dp/B01LCV97AY

Anyone know what I need to look for to get a plug?

So, wife bought one of those laser projector things on super clearance. Find out it was on super clearance because it was missing the 120V plug

The other end appears to be a male version of one of these
https://www.amazon.com/BTF-LIGHTING-Plastics-waterproof-connctoappears to ber-Applicable-x/dp/B01LCV97AY

Anyone know what I need to look for to get a plug?
cut off the wire and just solder in a plug of your choosing?

Also, that link just brought me to a picture of a dog

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
we tried to get on too, like 90% off. Wifi connected, syncs to music, all that jazz "orchestra of lights". Some kinda shipping snafu though, i doubt we'll get it.

cut off the wire and just solder in a plug of your choosing?

Also, that link just brought me to a picture of a dog
May work. I'm not sure if the plug includes a little transformer or not, though. It goes from 120V to 5V I think

My mouse must've clicked in the middle of the link when I went to edit it. Try this

Amazon product ASIN B01LCV97AY