Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Set up a Core i3 box with a GTX 670 in it to run a bike riding “game” for @Mrs. Valve’s new fancy Bluetooth bike trainer.

Two things.

1) there are so many BT devices in the house it might be interfering with its connection to anything.

2) the PC has a WD Black drive in it. So slow compared to an SSD. I was surprised.

So, the new PC sure makes things look pretty

Damn, that screenshot just does not do it justice. Anyway, all settings maxxed. Time to load some other stuff and see what it can do.

u4HMFVR.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Anyone know of a good source for keys for Windows products. I'm good on the OS, but I'm looking to score a copy of Office 2013 Pro.

edit: NM - turns out I had some legacy keys from an old employer. Can't run visio but I'll live. Got everything else.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
running the LTSB version of windows 10 is totally worth it. no cortana or app store, feature updates aren't just deferred but stopped entirely, no forced reboots, and you get all the enterprise level control over telemetry and data collection

dWc8bpY.png

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
long term service branch. it's the version of Enterprise that's supposed to be for mission critical systems that need security updates but not any consumer features. no Edge, store, any of the built in windows store apps.

How would you get a key for it, or are you running keyboard drivers?

oh I'm way more ghetto than that. after the 90 evaluation nothing really changes if you don't activate, it just leaves that little notice on the bottom of the screen

since I only use this machine to play games and watch movies I don't need to care about "plz activate me" text :fly:

• Gravy
Critical infrastructure like ATMs, medical equipment, and PCs that control machines on a factory floor don’t need whizbang features, they need long term stability and few updates that will potentially break things. A PC operating medical equipment in a hospital room doesn’t need new Cortana updates. That’s what Windows 10 LTSB–the “Long Term Servicing Branch”–is for, and it’s only available for the Enterprise edition of Windows 10.
Companies that design windows into embedded equipment can fuck off.

We had a spectrum analyzer popping up "ur shit is fucked, download pc cleaner deluxe by clicking OK" bullshit at my last job.