Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I'm still a bit envious of that Silverstone Case you are using for this. I really like the styling for what it's being used for.

It's a sweet case.

The challenge is fitting multiple 3.5" drives into it.

I purposely went with a micro ATX board in an attempt to make it all work.

This thing may every well have to wind up in another case, which would suck.

It's supposed to get rack mounted with the AVR and some other gear in a new built in wall rack for the #MANCAVE.

It's a sweet case.

The challenge is fitting multiple 3.5" drives into it.

I purposely went with a micro ATX board in an attempt to make it all work.

This thing may every well have to wind up in another case, which would suck.

It's supposed to get rack mounted with the AVR and some other gear in a new built in wall rack for the #MANCAVE.

Hmm, that sucks. How many drives are you trying to stash into it?

4 x 3.5" and 2 x 2.5"

It should all fit.

The ATX power connector was the issue with the ATX board that was in there. It's right in the way of a few of the bays.

I've got the same problem with my board I'm replacing. Not power, though, but seriously stupid placement of the SATA ports. Any PCIe video card, when put in place, covered 2 of the 4 available, making them almost worthless. I was able to get a flat 90' to work for one of them, but the other was a no go.

I'm going to be a little overjoyed having 6 to work with again that won't get blocked by components.

If you have a chance, mind snapping and sharing a photo or two of what's going down? If not, it's all good. Just curious..

It's not a JetBlue terminal so I think it should be okay ;) :lol:

171206202IMG0203.jpg

Drive cage goes across the entire front of the case. 2 x 5.25" bays on the left, horizontally. The top one will have a blu-ray drive. There are also two 2.5" bays on top of the 5.25" part, which may not be ideal because of airflow.

The other 3.5" bays are Vertical, and hang down from the cage.

I have a TON of cable routing work to do.

Ahh, yeah. I see the issue now. And that sucks. That power cable placement is almost standard so wtf were the case manufacturers thinking with that layout?

It's almost like the component sellers need to go back to a configurator to help buyers figure out if shit will fit. I've seen to many issues of buying a component that won't work simply because layout issues either from the case or the MB.