Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I really want an Occulus now. I have an extra 290x sitting idle right now...

Do you think the current gen is going to be the defacto standard platform, ie the Playstation and Xbox model, or do you think we'll start seeing more and more releases as more players get in the game. I'd like to get into VR, but I'd hate to do it only to see the intial purchase outpaced, kind of like what we see with video cards.

Do you think the current gen is going to be the defacto standard platform, ie the Playstation and Xbox model, or do you think we'll start seeing more and more releases as more players get in the game. I'd like to get into VR, but I'd hate to do it only to see the intial purchase outpaced, kind of like what we see with video cards.
Of course they are going to get better, just like everything else. But you've gotta dive in at some point and purchase a new: computer, phone, tv, VR, A/V receiver, etc. And it's $400. Not like it's $3000 or something.

I'm taking this thing to a friend's house tonight to let them try it out. I'm evangelizing the fuck out of this thing because I want more people to buy into it. There's a lot of development happening for it and I doubt my current hardware will last that long but someone's gotta be the chump up front and I'm happy to fill that role