Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Can anyone help find a laptop for my son for school?

Budget: $500US.
CPU: i5-6200U or better
Storage: 128gb SSD or better.
RAM: 8gb or better.
Size: 13"
Other: Folding, 2 in 1, touchscreen. Must have international warranty.

I'd buy adi's suggestion and replace the HD with a SSD. Means you're spending maybe $550 instead of $500, but buying one that comes with a SSD outright might put you in a higher "premium" model that'll cost a good bit more.

Also, any particular reason you want the tablet convertibility?

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I'd buy adi's suggestion and replace the HD with a SSD. Means you're spending maybe $550 instead of $500, but buying one that comes with a SSD outright might put you in a higher "premium" model that'll cost a good bit more.

Also, any particular reason you want the tablet convertibility?
Ya, i started looking at ssd's to replace the hdd, a decent one's around 60usd. a better one (sandisk 400s) is around 70.
Have been hearing good things about win 10. May have to rethink the studio interface, ugh.

Ya, i started looking at ssd's to replace the hdd, a decent one's around 60usd. a better one (sandisk 400s) is around 70.
Have been hearing good things about win 10. May have to rethink the studio interface, ugh.
*256gb prices

yea, monthly subscription from now until forever. no more spending a grand for adobeCS and keeping it for a few decades.

gotta use the piss out of it to justify it now.

yea, monthly subscription from now until forever. no more spending a grand for adobeCS and keeping it for a few decades.

gotta use the piss out of it to justify it now.
If you have a college email address, you can get mad discounts. I still use my old college addy. lol

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots