Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

once in a great while when I want to see how much of my info is out there.

I've done a pretty good job of keeping myself out of the internet, it seems. Just kind of a proactive safety move more than an ego thing.

You can't even find photos of me with a GIS, which is a very good thing.

As you probably know, I'm the same way. No twitter, facebook, linked in, etc.

A few people in my family would beg to differ about the latter.

That isn't a life worth living, imo. Anything for a long period time is too static. Like my grandparents have lived in the same house for over 50 years... 50 years in the same house. Get what I'm saying?

That isn't a life worth living, imo. Anything for a long period time is too static. Like my grandparents have lived in the same house for over 50 years... 50 years in the same house. Get what I'm saying?

If spending 30 years at a company lets you afford jets and many houses I'm quite alright with that.

I'm OK with living in one place or having the same phone number for a long time, but after 13 years at the same place I can for sure agree that's too long at one job. Maybe not if you keep getting promotes and/or raises though. My grandpa worked for the DOE for 40 years...

If spending 30 years at a company lets you afford jets and many houses I'm quite alright with that.

Life is about experiences and moments, not drilling away at the same company for eons to achieve material items.

You've always been materialistic tho. :)

I'm OK with living in one place or having the same phone number for a long time, but after 13 years at the same place I can for sure agree that's too long at one job. Maybe not if you keep getting promotes and/or raises though. My grandpa worked for the DOE for 40 years...

Still tho... Same people, same career field, same everything is... Yawn worthy. Life is too short to focus on tenure.

I like nice things but I'm not consumed by them either. I also like what I do so why should I leave just for the sake of leaving? I'm going to try and get into GT this fall for my masters so I can move up inside the company.

Last edited:
Have you ever had a job you actually enjoyed? Like seriously enjoyed to the point where you have one bad day at work for every two weeks or more?

I have ADHD, I only enjoy things for so long then something new comes along that I enjoy more.

I have ADHD, I only enjoy things for so long then something new comes along that I enjoy more.
1) That doesn't answer the question
2) So, how long do you anticipate making websites? It sounds like you're going to find something else in a couple months, then you'll have to start all over from the beginning

1) That doesn't answer the question
2) So, how long do you anticipate making websites? It sounds like you're going to find something else in a couple months, then you'll have to start all over from the beginning

Yaup, most likely. I've had a lot of professions already, this is nothing new.

I think we have different definitions of enjoy.

Did you enjoy HR? Cause it never really sounded like you did, but by what you said above "you do something you enjoy until you find something you enjoy more"

Also, it's pretty damned silly to invalidate everyone else's experiences solely based on your own.